Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Catch of The Day - Kristan Higgins

Catch Of The DayCatch Of The Day by Kristan Higgins

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Maggie is the owner of Joe's diner and is quite happy with her quaint life - except her love life. It seems she has a crush on the priest who is trying to match her up with the fine young men of her community. She tries to date, but it is destined to end in disaster every time. She envies her sister who has a loving husband and a cute baby, but almost gives up hope completely on having a love life.
Malone is a man of few words and the words he uses involves nodding and grunting. He's a a lobsterman and a very manly man that drops into Maggie's life one unfortunate day when Maggie is down on her luck. Underneath his rough exterior is a man with a heart of gold.
There is something dark and mysterious about Malone and soon Maggie and Malone find themselves drawing each others attentions. Will this unlikely attraction lead to something wonderful or just end in romantic demise?

I really liked this book, but I didn't like how Maggie kept swooning over father Tim. I mean, I know he was cute and all, but it got kinda old after a while! I wish Malone would have opened up more also. I would have like to have read more about the chemistry between Malone and Maggie. It was a little far fetched to see them as a couple but the ending was pretty decent!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment