Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Light Of The Moon - Book Review

I have been doing ALOT of reading lately, so you'll probably see alot more book reviews on this site in the near future. I am open to read all genres of books. I generally lean toward fantasy books (mostly vampires) with a mixture of romance, mystery, and action. I have just read Light Of The Moon by Luanne Rice. It is a good story with a little bit of romance (no vamps). I wouldn't say that it is a romance novel because it has just enough romance to let you know that the characters are in love and that's about it. Good book for PG-rated readers. Has a few curse words here and there, but nothing vulgar. With that being said, this is a short summary of what the book is about and what I think about it:

Summary:

Susannah takes a flight from her hometown in Connecticut to the French Camargue to see its beautiful white horses and to see a famous saint. While she's there researching, she meets a family. In this family is a little girl, Suri, whose mother left her when she was only eight. She is deeply traumatized by the incident. She is very possessive of her Father and runs off every woman that her Father gets serious with. Grey, the Father, is a handsome 42 year old man who runs a ranch and gives tours to tourists in the area. Susannah falls in love with Grey and bonds with Suri. She falls into exotic culture of gypsys and learns more about Grey's former love and Suri's Mother, Maria. Susannah goes the distance for love doing whatever it takes for her and Grey to be together.

Review: AN OVERALL GOOD READ

I give this book a 3 out of 5 stars. It was a great story that was well thought trough, but I think it could have used a little more romance. As I read the story I felt as though I really knew the characters because the author takes time to paint a picture of well-rounded characters. Their are a few curse words, but not enough to bring my rating down on this review.

Books Coming Up For Review:

Shadow Kiss (A Vampire Academy book) - Rachelle Mead

The Dead Girls Dance (Morganville Vampire Series-book 2) - Rachel Caine

Kiss of Crimson (Breed series) - Lara Adrian




No comments:

Post a Comment